Sunday, 12 August 2012

CraftyFolk Round Robin

Our lady has been on her travels again, this time for a stay with Jen of MissBohemia.  Jen very bravely started to tackle the background and the results are just beautiful:



In Jen's own words (from her blog)

'Instead of adding jewellery or accessories to the poster, I wanted to challenge myself and create something more art based.  I had originally planned to use ink pads and blending techniques to create a pink and blue background, but the shiny surface made me rethink that idea. I decided on watercolour paints and used a mix of pink and blue in varying shades, along with blending the colours together to create pinkish/blue highlights.  I added shimmery powders and a sprinkling of pink glitter to soften the background and add texture.  After using stamps to add vintage styled text, butterflies  and a swirl border,  my work was done. '

Isn't she looking wonderful? Keep popping back to see what has been added next....

3 comments:

Miss Bohemia said...

Thanks for the feature Dawn! She's is looking wonderful! Can't wait to see the next stage :-)

Jen

Whimsy Woo Designs said...

How beautiful she is looking! A real work of art!
Shirley

Handmade Cuties said...

I'm loving it!